In this accessible, straightforward book, Rhea Dempsey draws on nearly four decades experience to show how a woman’s choice of caregivers, support team and birthplace, as well as her life experience and personal attitudes to pain, will affect her birthing experience.
Featuring birth stories, current birth statistics and opportunities for guided personal reflection, Birth with Confidence provides the knowledge and practical advice that women need for the best chance of normal birth in today’s birth culture.
Important topics covered in Birth With Confidence –
- benefits of normal physiological birth for mother and baby
- navigating the birth culture
- savvy choices for normal birth
- ‘circles of influence’ – support or sabotage?
- identify your ‘pain type’
- raising pain tolerance
- predictable ‘crises of confidence’ in labour
- designing a ‘facilitating environment’ for achievement
Birth with confidence: savvy choices for normal birth, gives a clear account of the challenges faced by contemporary birthing women, whilst also mapping out a path to powerful birthing experiences.
Birth with Confidence: Chapters
The birth you want: what motivates the willing woman?
Reality hurts: birth in the labour-bypass era
It’s a fine line: reframing pain in labour
Approaching labour: what pain type are you?
Crisis of confidence: when self-belief crumbles
The right support: who will get you through?